Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019)

Let’s discuss using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 with DJI GO. Share tips, the best device settings, accessories used with this device, and troubleshoot problems.

Here are some tips/settings that’ll help DJI GO perform better on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8:

The TabA 8 is listed as supporting the DJI Go 4 and DJI Fly app. The DJI Go 4 app installs just fine on the TabA from the Google Play Store and I use it to fly my Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Air and Spark. However the DJI Fly app does not install from the Google Play Store, in fact it is not even available when I search for it from my TabA. However, I did download the installation file and sideloaded it to my TabA and it installed successfully and recognizes my Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini. My question however is it safe to use this way? Are there any side affects from installing it this way? Is there anything I should be aware of? Thanks!

1 Like

Same question- i am looking for a small tablet to fly my MA2 but from the looks of it DJI got the hots for Apple…

Are You sure that It works using apk file? Le me know. Did You Use whit mavic mini?

Any news on this? Is DJI Fly 100% working via the side load?

Can anyone else confirm without a doubt that a Galaxy Tab A 8 will actually run DJI Fly?

I really want that mid-sized device, but without breaking bank on something like mini 4 or 5.
I guess I also need to clarify the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 SM-P200 versus cheaper SM-T290. I am hoping someone has the SM-T290 working with DJI Fly app.

2 Likes

I can confirm it works fine. Using it with my Mavic Air 2

2 Likes

Could you clarify if your tablet is the SM-T290? Thanks for sharing your confirmation.

That is key…deebatch is yours a SM-T290?

Yes

I can also confirm that the Go Fly app does work on the TabA 8 after side loading it. I use it with my Mavic Mini. I did try it also with my Mavic Air 2 and it also works. I have 3 TabA 8’s of which only 2 will even allow you to sideload the Go Flay app. The 3rd one I have is the SM-T380 and it won’t sideload the Go Fly app.

1 Like

Deebatch - I just got a new smt290 . The sideload installed & everything works except I get no video display. It takes pics & records video fine & I’m able to access & view both, just no live video (FLY reports it’s getting good strong signal from Air 2 to the controller). Its running Android 9 & its the newest FLY.
What android version are using on ur 290 & what release FLY?

Lastly, have you or anyone heard of this problem?

Thx

I’m running both the latest Android version and GoFly version. I am not experiencing the issue you are. I do note that the screen video does not always appear immediately but it always does and works fine.

2 Likes

Thx Tedhan. I’m going to try resetting the camera & a different cable. If that doesn’t work then I’ll upgrade android & reinstall Fly.

I currently have a samsung note 10+ and looking for a bigger screen. Hows the A8 run the dji fly app also the 10 inch versions

Update - updated my A8 to android 10 & now it works. Took a minute b4 it popped up but it did.

I’m running a new A8 (2019), (needs 64 bit os) & after updating to android 10, works fine. Camera view a bit jumpy but fine for FPV.

I picked up a Samsung SM-T290NZKAXAR specifically for my Mavic Air 2. It seems to work much better when selecting targets to track. I had been using a Samsung S10e. The Go Air app loaded when I synched files with my cell phone. My biggest problem is reading the screen in sunlight. Out here in the desert, it’s hard to find a shady spot.

Look on YouTube and search “DIY sun shades for drones” for DIY/commercial ideas