Mavic Mini fly away HELP I NEED TO FIND IT PLEASE

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2PD1YILMX06QX75DIXU5/
Here is the data. I can probably get to it the location it is just dense me and a buddy whet to look right after it happened but no luck. I have DJI care but not if I can’t find it

Hi Kyle,

Without stick input it did not fly back or forward, so it must be close to the last recorder postions in the log.

35.70780000, -118.54977100, see the 1 on the map

Hope you will find it.

cheers
JJB

2 Likes

I had a similar problem many years ago and I couldn’t find it, I had to use another drone to find it. A lot of people are having fly away issues with the mini as you may have now noticed, u need to have someone that has flown many hours with no sensors ( you have to get close to the trees, real close. And it is there, it doesn’t look like a place visited by many people, but if those are trees and not bushes it is somewhere in top very likely camouflaged. Also I suggest using binoculars and performing a grid search. Draw an imaginary or real grid on your map and search for every cubic inch on each square, no matter how obvious it may seem it isn’t there. I can assure you it is there, because I doubt a black hole opened up and swallowed ur drone, those only happens in my garage with the most important stuff, haha. Good luck!

1 Like

Why are you flying over 400 feet??? do you have a waver to fly that high? I hope you klnow people like you ■■■■ everything up for all of us. I hope u never find the drone,

Really unnecessary and unhelpful post in my opinion Loucip. Educate, don’t berate, help if you can but don’t make the OP feel any worse than he / she probably feels right now. Wishing the OP bad is unpleasant … you’ve heard of Karma right ?

The reason I left all the other DJI sites / forums was because of posts like this. This forum is more chilled and far less angry than all the others and is far more helpful. There’s no need for bad language either, consider the possible ages of some who may use this forum.

The OP in this instance will be learning a very expensive lesson, there’s no need to add to his / her woes. Please do not spoil my (or others) very positive experience of this forum. Roll back and chill, life is too short.

2 Likes

Look at the data from his flight. At 8 min 9.6 seconds he was at 456 feet

I didn’t ask the question charliephantoms did !! My point is EDUCATE don’t BERATE !

1 Like

Thank you all. I was on top of a mountain. I might of gone 400 ft because of the wind but to @Loucip I did find it I found it 2 days ago. Thank you all for your help because I did find it with one of your coordinates.

1 Like

Congrats with finding your MM!

cheers
JJB

good reply, and yes those people are still there on the DJI site, bit simple and silly guys.
cheers
JJB

1 Like

At 8 min 9.6 seconds he was at 456 feet above his take off point not above ground level.
At the 11m 31.8s time in the flight it shows -228 feet which is 228 feet below his take off point. He is not flying 228 feet below ground level. Kyle, congratulations on recovering your MM. Did it sustain any damage?

Well done in finding your equipment. Any lessons learned ?

Yes for sure the lesson has been leaned. I’m now very thoughtful and respectful on how I fly. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU HELP I really appreciate it

Good thread guys, new here. what i wanna know is how could you all tell what height he was at by that picture? all I saw were green/Purple bars with little waypoints!!

Hi,

if you check the first link in post #1 (but now not active anymore) you can read all the flight data in that file.

cheers
JJB

Sorry. I thought that was AGL.

The point is, there’s no need to disrespect people because of your personal feelings. It’s not what you said, it’s how you said it. Apply for the drone police job.

Nice job. Happy you found it. Fly safe.

I apologize for this off-topic question, but could someone please post the source of the app that draws that wall-looking flight path.

Thanks.

It’s not an app. It is a Google Earth kml interpretation of the path.