Mavic Mini fly away HELP I NEED TO FIND IT PLEASE

Any pointers on how to do the “Google Earth kml” thing?

Alan, W4WMM

Actually, it’s fairly easy. You download your flight logs (.txt file) from your drone (instructions here) and also upload them to the same website (DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help). Once the .txt file has been uploaded you have an option to “Download KML” file. Once you have downloaded the KML file you can then open it in Google Earth.

I was able to view my flights but it just shows the line going into the air showing the height. It shouldn’t show the “wall” as show in the picture that @JJB posted. Maybe he/she can weigh in.

1 Like

Hi,

The “wall” i posted on here is part of my W10 software FRAP, an anylyzing tool for DJI drones.
Many many options in FRAP, one part is indeed producing KML output files.

download via >

If you register yourself in FRAP, update info via email. (soon a major update+minor bugs fixed)
cheers
JJB

1 Like

JJB,

Thank you for the information. I have downloaded FRAP and opened my .txt file but kind of got stuck here. Do you have any sort of tutorials or manual posted that I can review? I was just curious how to get my flight logs to look like the picture above you posted.

Also, I’m sure you’re aware but I was unable to make FRAP fullscreen and also fought with opening my txt file, having to move it to c:\FRAP\Test.txt because even in c:\FRAP\FlightLogs\Test.txt it was unable to open.

Thank you again for your help!

If you follow the install iaw readme.txt, it works

for help contact me, see email in the help menu FRAP

Just wondering if any one has a sample file to use with FRAP so I can practice using this program. I don’t own a drone yet but Christmas will be here soon!

Alan

Hi Alan,

sent me a email ; [email protected], i will sent you few files.
Wich type of drone is under the Xmass tree ??

cheers
JJB

I sent a “registration” email at 15:53 UTC (10:53 U.S. Eastern Time) to the above email; will that be sufficient sir?

Hoping for a DJI Mini 2… :slight_smile:

Alan