Mavic 2 Flyaway - Lost Drone - Help

Do you know the exact location where it was found?

Yeah they said it was found just north of the big tree shown within the crash zone. (Straight line of initial flight path). Camera was torn off and found several meteres back from drone and battery there also. Looks like it came down on the edge of the big tree within the initialy proposed crash site. The aircraft was found just outside of this area.

You can retrieve the aircraft DAT files using DJI Assistant 2. However, they are encrypted and there are no known tools that are able to read them. The only thing you’ll be able to do is send them to DJI for review.

Just as an update to this. Been so busy with other things forgot to put an update sooner.

So, I downloaded the data off the aircraft and had to upload to Google drive to allow DJI to access it. Unfortunately I was unable to review the data from the aircraft myself before sending.

DJI respond to advise that the 30% discount is now void as the aircraft has been recovered. DJI later respond to confirm back that there was an issue with the aircraft and the damage / repairs would be covered under manufacturer warranty. Good result.

Unfortunately they did not elaborate on what the actual issue was however.

Thanks for all your help guys, it was very much appreciated :+1:

Excellent! 100% discount beats 30% discount every time! Glad they didn’t find you at fault. Hopefully, the defect was unique to your aircraft and isn’t FW or software related! Otherwise, keep 'em in close and in sight, so you can recover them for warranty replacement, until we know the warrantied cause of the crash!

so glad it was found and dji repaired it for you. i must admit i had a flyaway on my mp1 few yrs back and never recovered it, but based on flight info i gave dji they replaced the mp1 for me admitting was hardware/software issue rather than pilot error-which amazed me tbh because i was trying all sorts of things controller wise to get it to stop flying away and thought in my panic i would be blamed lol-anyway point is in my experience, dji have been excellent in their assistance in my problerms,and altho in yours were not innitially as good,they do seem in end to come good so am happy for you. (if i get problems with my new mp2, i will be hoping can find it afterwards lol)