Free online DJI flight log viewer

My DJI flight log viewer can be used to view the DJI GO flight logs stored on your mobile device. After retrieving the TXT flight log from your mobile device and uploading it here, the data will be displayed in a format like this:

FlightLogViewer

Here are some things you’ll be able to do after uploading your flight log:

• View the flight path of your drone on a Google map
  • View important flight details in the table below the map
  • Drag the slider at the top of the table to replay your flight
  • See the location of the remote controller sticks at the bottom, right corner of the map
  • Download a KML file to view your flight path in Google Earth
  • Download CSV files that contain more columns of flight data

I’ll use this thread to keep track of changes made to my log viewer. If you have any suggestions to improve it or run into any trouble using it, please post below.

BTW, if you’re processing a large amount of flight logs, doing commercial drone work, and/or want to keep your flight logs private, Flight Reader might be a better option for you.

Change Log:
See the recent posts below for a list of new features, changes, and/or fixes.

You already improved it tremendously by adding the verbose downloads…That was a major improvement.

1 Like

I hope you enjoy the other improvements I made to it today :slight_smile:

Pretty cool on my iPad!

Not sure that “enjoy” is the correct word here…but get your point.
I have 3 reasons for looking at these files, both from you and other sources.

1. I do this as a hobby, along with flying itself. After 25 years of data analysis I am still learning new things with current technology.

2. I have always been one that will “lend a hand” so to speak for the sake of others who may be having difficulty in most any situation, which is why I look at data in regard to this.

3. I use this data myself for my own aircraft, for maintenance or other issues which I might see in the data files from my own aircraft.

This is why I say “enjoy” may not have been the premium choice of words. Again though, I get the point.

Looks Great! I haven’t compared it side by side, but does it have more data than the files sent to Airdata?

1 Like

Well, maybe you should start a hobby you enjoy :wink:

1 Like

Airdata reads the same TXT flight log files. They are just presenting the data in a different way.

I made a few changes today:

• Added the GPS satellite count & GPS level to the top of the log viewer
  • Added an attitude indicator to the right side of the log viewer (you can read it like this)

LogViewer

Today, I added a green “H” marker to the map to show where the home point is located. That marker will reposition itself if the home point is moved mid-flight.

I made a change today to show the “VPS Altitude” column for Mavic 2 flight logs.

Hi, thank you so much for your help to read the logs !
For a project, I need to be able to access detailed LOGs from Mavic 2.
This includes the IMU (gyroscope, acceleration) information.
Any idea how I could do this ?
DJI GO 4 gives me a .txt that I can convert in a CSV, but there is no gyroscope information.
the .dat in the iPhone contains gyro data, but there are only so few lines, doesn’t seem like it has the whole flight…
The .DAT extracted from the drone, with DJI Assistant 2, extraction and CSView gives me the same end .dat as on my iPhone.

Any hint?

Many thanks !

I’d be interested in if the .DAT file pulled from the controller \ app would contain additional data than what the ,TXT file would as well.

MSINGER thank you for the log viewer adjustments \ tweaks, I love the data that I can extract & view. Unfortunately I stumbled upon the tool after investigating how to analyze post crash \ drone loss event.

1 Like

The FLY00Xx.DAT indeed contains more information.
You can extract it from the Dji go data, same as for the txt.
Then you have to process it through CsView.
You have to tick the “enable excessive error” box in the tools
It then gives you a big csv with all info

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I released an update today that adds the capability to process encrypted TXT flight logs created by DJI Fly 1.2.2 (or newer) or 3rd party applications using DJI SDK 2.4.13 (or newer).

BTW, if you’re processing a large amount of flight logs, doing commercial drone work, and/or want to keep your flight logs private, Flight Reader might be a better option for you.

1 Like

I released a new version today with the following changes:

• Extracted available flight messages and warnings.
  • Resolved issue that was causing the first couple of rows in the map view to have misaligned columns for some drone models.
  • Resolved issue that was causing negative height/pitch/roll/yaw values to be displayed as positive values.
1 Like

• Added “Home.dataRecorderFileIndex” field to the log. This field shows the index used in the filename of the DAT flight log (e.g. FLY72.DAT) created on the drone.
  • Added “Data Recorder File Index is X” message to the map view and aircraft log “APP.message” column.

• ADDED: Added the following new fields:

• CAMERA.sdCardIsInserted (True/False)
    • CAMERA.sdCardState (Normal, Card Too Slow, Write Protected, etc.)
    • HOME_HeightLimitF (Max altitude setting in feet)
    • HOME_HeightLimitM (Max altitude setting in meters)
    • HOME_IsMultipleFlightModeEnabled (True/False)
    • HOME_Wind (Calm, Moderate, or Strong)
    • GIMBAL.mode (Free, FPV, or Follow Yaw)
    • RC.playbackDepressed (True/False)
    • RC.downlinkSignal (0 to 100%)
    • RC.custom1Depressed (True/False)
    • RC.custom2Depressed (True/False)
    • RC.custom3Depressed (True/False)
    • RC.custom4Depressed (True/False)
    • RC.uplinkSignal (0 to 100%)
    • RC.wheelDepressed (True/False)
    • RC.wheelOffset
  • CHANGED: Renamed the follow fields to make them more descriptive:

• RC.goHome → RC.goHomeDepressed
    • RC.record → RC.recordDepressed
    • RC.shutter → RC.shutterDepressed
  • CHANGED: Updated the “BATTERY.goHomeStatus” field to show the correct values (Counting down, Idle, Executed, Cancelled, or Other).

• FIXED: The logs for some drone models were always showing false in the “CAMERA.isPhoto” and “CAMERA.isVideo” fields even when photos were taken and/or video was recorded.

1 Like

• ADDED: Added “Battery.current [A]” field to show the real time current draw of the battery.

• FIXED: The “Battery.status” field was displaying “User Battery Req Land” in cases where it should have been displaying “User Battery Req Go Home”.

1 Like

• ADDED: Added support for the Mavic 3 drone.