Controller Beeping Phantom 3 Pro

I have updated the firmware in aircraft. I think all is good there. Text file says the firmware is is older or equal to what is in aircraft. that is P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin.
When aircraft is booted the green light on camera turns green and stays on. The red light on the body of the aircraft stays red, until controller is turned on. Then it turns Green.
Problem is with the Camera Gimble plugged into the controller, the controller constantly beeps and gives a flashing red light on the controller.
The software is not attaching to the aircraft when using my iPhone. Having just downloaded DJI Go onto the phone it says how to connect but will not allow me to go to the camera view.
I am at a quandary. Can any body help me as I am doing this for my Niece.

First question. Is this statement correct? The gimbal connector should never be plugged in to the controller…

Did you upgrade the firmware on the remote controller too?

Does the remote controller stop beeping when you move either stick?

Which version of DJI GO are you using?

The version of software is P3X_FW_V01.11.0020,bin.
No the remote controller does not stop beeping when I move either stick.
Trying to update soft ware on the controller but as soon as I turn it on it starts beeping. Tried putting the micro chip into a usb carrier and plugging it into the controller and then turning it on but it still keeps beeping and never shuts up for about 10 minutes then it quits beeping. But then nothing happens it continues to blink red on the controller.

This sounds like you have an RC/AC firmware mismatch. The RC is updated through the app only. The USB method for this version will not work with the RC.

As far as connecting the aircraft to th controller I read you could do this from the direction 30) Insert your memory card into a memory card reader and plug the memory card reader into the USB port on the back of your remote controller.

Note: If you do not have a memory card reader 4, then do the following:

• Insert the memory card into the camera memory card slot on your Phantom.
  • Connect the DJI USB cable from your camera to your remote controller.
  • Remove the props from your Phantom.
  • Power on your Phantom. To do so, press and release the battery button quickly – and, then immediately press and hold it in for 2 seconds.

31) Turn the remote controller on and wait for the update to begin. It can take up to 60 seconds for the update process to start.

32) The remote controller status light will be solid blue while the firmware is installing. The remote controller status light will be solid green when the update has successfully completed.

Note: Do not power off and/or touch any buttons on your remote controller while the firmware is being installed. If the remote controller status light does not turn solid green, then go back to step #29 and repeat the installation process.

I didn’t think was the thing to do but why not. Ir didn’t work.
when I received this aircraft the camera was going wild. It never stopped moving. I was told it flew great, but camera was inop. I read on youtube that this could bee from the location of the flat on the shaft of the camera out of location. By removing the three screws and placing on a level surface you could repair this problem by leveling the flat on the shaft and replacing the circuit boar d onto the gimble shaft. I did this and the camera stopped moving wildly. I came up and locked in position like it is supposed to. Rest the imu and the gimble and then tried the software. This is where the problem showed its ugly head.
So now i am at the mercy of anyone who can help. Please.

Where did you find these instructions. I have never seen this done with a P3A or P3P. Are you certain this was not for a Phantom 1 or 2?

this was instructions from this forem. I will paste the whole listing as I don’rt know how to attach the whole thing which woud be a whole lost easier. Do you have any ideas? I can call if it would be easier. Thanks
This guide explains how to update the Phantom 3 firmware:

Did you notice this?

@msinger…Mike…see if you can help with this…

Does the remote controller have a low battery? That’s another common thing that causes beeping right after it’s powered on.

Were you able to get to the camera view in DJI GO before you upgraded the firmware on the drone? Are you sure you didn’t do anything other than upgrade the firmware on the drone?

No sir the batteries are fully charged on both the aircraft and controller. After installing DJI Go it tells me how to turn every thing but it wil not access the aircraft so I can see the camera view. It continually beeps.

Yes Sir II did notice that statement. Problem is when I down load the DJI Go I cannot access the camera view in the software. The controller continually beeps. I was wondering id I could downgrade the aircraft to a lower version and then I might be able to connect? Is that viable?

Hey folks I do appreciate everyone’s help ib this matter. I just really don’t know where to turn. Curious about downgrading the software on the aircraft and maybe thew DJI Go will allow me to access the camera.
I will try to put all the responses together for everyone as I just read that I should consider a single reply. Bear with me folks I am still learning, but trying.

It is possible ( I think ) but I cannot give specific instructions for that and what it would require is a roll back to 1.3.2 first, then progress from there. If you go over to the Phantom Pilots forum and do a search you will find many threads on downgrading. It is a bit tedious, but at this point you may have no other option to remedy the mismatch. I know hindsight is 20-20 but the update to 1.11.2 should have not been performed assuming the existing firmware was much older. Go here and do a few searches:

Phantom Pilots

Does the remote controller beep even when it’s the only thing powered on?

Yes it continually beeps. Just now saw your response. I am curious as to what is on the controller (software). How can I determine what is on it?

Did you try an RC Calibration? Like This?

Calibrate RC

You won’t be able to check until you can get it connected to DJI GO.

Did you try the remote controller reset methods mentioned in this thread and this thread?

Yes it does. For about 10 minutes then quits. I am going to enclose what fly dog told me. I am curious as to the version or which type of software is on controller. Reason being when I download DJI Go all the aircraft show up whth the statement on how to connect. When I turn on my daughters Samsung Galaxy 7 the inspire shows up with the camera view and the Phantom 3 shows how to connect. Is there any merit to my concern being the controller may have totally the wrong software installed?
"Fly_Dawg

Ndv19

3h

It is possible ( I think ) but I cannot give specific instructions for that and what it would require is a roll back to 1.3.2 first, then progress from there. If you go over to the Phantom Pilots forum and do a search you will find many threads on downgrading. It is a bit tedious, but at this point you may have no other option to remedy the mismatch. I know hindsight is 20-20 but the update to 1.11.2 should have not been performed assuming the existing firmware was much older. Go here and do a few searches: