Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (2018)

Let’s discuss using the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 with DJI GO. Share tips, the best device settings, accessories used with this device, and troubleshoot problems.

Here are some tips/settings that’ll help DJI GO perform better on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5:

Just take note that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is also known by the name Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.

I`ve been using this device now for a short time with my Mavic Air and have no issues at all.

1 Like

Redmi Note 5 4 / 64Gb and Redmi 5 Plus 4/64 Gb are two totally different phones. I have and I use both types for flying with Mavic AIR for over a year,
no more Samsung ever.

Hi, i´m using this mobile with DJI GO 3 and Phantom 3 Standard, and some trouble with lag at recording, i´d try without cache, no recording, and still lag with image like 2-3 seconds, anybody can help me?

Regards!!

You can find more suggestions to try here:

thanks, I did those steps some weeks ago by googleing, but no success :frowning: any other tip?

You tried every single tip? Maybe carefully comb through those tips again to ensure you didn’t miss anything.

yes, i was flying with some other mobiles, cheaper and with less RAM and CPU worse than mine, i try factory reset without any app install can consume extra ram, and nothing else. The only thing i can get is when drone is so near from the mobile the lag seems to be dissapear, but when 2 or more meters far, the lag return.
Sorry to tell i was trying as you said differents mixes ( during 2 or more weeks with so patience )and turning off visual effects, conections, or any other thing can disturb conections, even try without silicon case…
Many thanks for you quick answer :slight_smile:
For your info, before this mobile i had huawei p9 lite and works perfect without any problem.

Do other mobile devices still function with no lag?

The exact mobile model is: M1803E7SG ( 4Gb ram, Octa Core, 64gb rom, miui 10.3.1, android 9 since 1st june )

Yes, that´s the reason i wrote here, because last weekend a friend let me install the app at the mobile ( Xiaomi A1 ) making no change at the device, and everithing goes perfectly, even recording cache.
regards

My article is quite exhaustive, so I’m not sure what else to recommend you try. You could try reaching out to DJI Support for help since they support the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.

1 Like