Why do some logs not show thumbnail photos?

I’m new to Flight Reader so this may be something that I am missing. Some of my logs do not show the thumbnails (up to 4 photos in Photos column) but if I right click on the log and open the log folder there are JPG snapshots that I can view from the flight so there must be thumbnails available. Another log from another drone has the both the thumbnails in the log file and the snapshots.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

That occurs when the thumbnails aren’t extracted from the flight log. A fix will be included in the next Flight Reader release – coming out later today.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply. Looking forward to the new release.

Really enjoying Flight Reader.

Chris

1 Like

Works now with new release. Just reprocessed my logs and the thumbnails were there.

Thanks.

Chris

1 Like

Just flew with my old Phantom 3 Standard today. I only recorded video but there was a snapshot in the log folder but it did not appear as a thumbnail in the flight record. I flew with DJI GO. Is there a reason why it didn’t work for the P3S?

Thanks,

Chris

Can you share the flight log so I can take a look?

Is there a way to share the log directly from Flight Reader? Alternatively, I also have it in AirData so I could share it from there or I could use your online version.

Chris

No. All flight data is securely stored on your computer.

Feel free to share it in whichever way is most convenient for you.

Ok, here is the txt file from the Log Folder in Flight Reader

DJIFlightRecord_2024-01-24_[12-30-57].txt (990.5 KB)

Chris

Thanks! I just sent you a link to a newer version of Flight Reader with a fix.

Thank you, that did the trick. The thumbnails are now visible.

Appreciate the quick response.

Chris