Viewing the Csv files?

I just cannot get the CsvViewMac program to run on my 2018 MBP. When I “open it” I just get an error message advising to Check console for further information.
In the console I get:

Mar 10 12:34:12 Michaels-MBP Jar Launcher[1737]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Mar 10 12:34:18 Michaels-MBP Console[1739]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Mar 10 12:34:18 Michaels-MBP diagnosticd[1716]: allowing Console (1739) access to stream due to admin status
Mar 10 12:34:18 Michaels-MBP diagnosticd[1716]: Posting stream filter: “{
global = 30064771083;
}”
Mar 10 12:34:18 Michaels-MBP diagnosticd[1716]: System mode client started - Console (1739) - mode: 0xb, filter: “”
Mar 10 12:34:20 Michaels-MBP com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit"

all of which means absolutely nothing to me!

I have a feeling that I need Java Script installed and then some other 64bit JVM program? All meaningless to me I’m afraid!

Can anybody point me in the right direction for viewing the Csv files please - for free?

I don’t have a Mac so I can’t be much help here. But, installing Java Script isn’t the answer.

You do need to have a 64 bit Java installed. I can’t tell if you have that or not. Maybe @sar104 can help you.

You do need Java installed. Open a terminal window and type:

java -version

to see what you have. If you don’t have it installed then go to

https://www.java.com/en/download/mac_download.jsp

2 Likes

Ah-Ha! Downloaded that Java and now I have managed to open CsvView!!
Very pleased!
Now to add the data to it…I think Fly Dawg has posted how to do this in one of the threads…

You can also look at the User Manual. Select the Help menu button and then User Manual

@cheddarman Like I told you, I thought Java was the issue. Glad to see you got it going!