Version 1.6.8 changed the Attitude Indicator and many of us do not like it!

Version 1.6.8 changed the Attitude Indicator and many of us do not like it!

I fly a Mini 2 and other than the change to the Attitude Indicator, I’ve had no issues…

But as for the change to the Atti Indicator, I am trying to keep my brain from exploding…

I am active on other Web Sites that cater to the DJI and Mavic line of Drones and this change to the Atti Indicator has garnered little attention on the DJI Forum Web Site and it seems to have been given a “Mulligan” there…

But here is why my brain is trying to explode…

Whenever I take off and there is a breeze, especially if there are any wind gusts, I lift off, Yaw to the North, and gain altitude, as I get higher, I look at the Atti indicator to see which way the wind is blowing and the strength of the wind gusts.

Previously, the “wings” gave me that information as the Drone would “lean” into the wind and gusts would cause the wings to waggle as the Drone fought the gusts.

Now, the Atti no longer shows wings, but a ground and sky indicator, but it is backwards from the “swing of the Wings” and the one you would see in an actual aircraft and I’m hard pressed to understand it with just a quick glance…

I’m sure I’ll get over it with time, but right now, when I glance at it, my brain starts ticking…

Just out of curiosity, is the MINI the only aircraft you have flown? All of the other aircraft have the Attitude indicator as shown on the Right side of the image you posted. It is not backwards. Its normal to have a display like that. They probably changed it to match the other aircraft. ( Just Guessing )
Granted this is app dependent on how it is displayed. Pitch down, image moves up. Pitch up image moves down. Just the way it works. If you look at flight data on the Phantom Help reader, you will see the same thing. Its an artificial horizon indicator. Roll should be the same as the “wings”.
See this image:

Think about it this way. If you are sitting in the aircraft Pilots seat looking at the visual horizon. You bank or roll to the left, the horizon actually moves opposite to your turn. Both visually and in the Artificial horizon. Might be hard to grasp but if you think about it it makes perfect sense.

Yes, it is hard to grasp, especially when your explanation and your graphics are contrary to the Reality of the Situation…

To satisfy your curiosity; yes the Mini 2 is the only Drone of substance I’ve flown…

However, I have flown a Cessna 150, 172, and a 310…

But back on point, have you flown your drone since the 1.6.8 upgrade?

Your collage of graphics are all reprehensive of what I’ve complained about, the DJI Atti Indicator on the Mini 2 Drone does not show as you indicate or imply…

Below is a screenshot of my Mini 2 in FPV Mode Banking or Turning Right and the Ground indicator is following the “wings” not the horizon…

1 Like

I completely agree with your latest posted image. That makes more sense than your original. We were not talking about the same thing. I was only talking the Horizon, not the wing tips. That being said, in that latest image you noted incorrectly. It should be this way…

That should correct our miscommunication.

Just for the sake of discussion, I took a look at flight data from a few different aircraft including a Mini 2,and as I mentioned previously, I think they changed the indicator to match the other aircraft. The change simply replaced the “wings” with a horizon indicator in the new fly app. All of the older aircraft had only the horizon indicator. Just using 2 examples, if you note the stick direction in the following 2 images, the horizon indicator actually follows the roll value, which would be backwards on an actual aircraft. So essentially, they are using the horizon indicator as pitch and roll indicators, if you follow me.
The first image is from a Mavic Air2s, The second from a Mavic pro. And the last image shows the telemetry data that these values for the indicators are derived. Notice how they follow, positive for right and negative for left. Same applies for pitch values.
AIR2S
MAVIC PRO

My mistake was trying to post when I should have been sleeping last night and I pointed the arrow at the insert from your graphic not the Atti Indicator as you pointed out…

I want DJI to either give us back the “Wings” (I know it isn’t going to happen…) or correct the display so it operates like your graphic indicates.

As for other DJI Drone displays that I’ve seen when doing a Google Search and select Image (other than the Mini 2), all seem to show the wings, or maps, or just the little Atti Icon place holder; nothing with this “artificial horizon”…

If we are not agreeing, let’s agree to disagree. I do not think we are arguing different points, I think we just are not communicating…

Naaaa…We are taking about the same thing really, just in different context. Here is a screen shot from DJI GO4. DJI GO looks the same. Older aircraft don’t use DJIFLY. The other images I posted were from the flight reader, just to show the stick relationships. Notice the “Artificial Horizon”.