Tablet instead of iPhone

I hope to be getting a Mini 2, but I’d like to use a tablet instead of my iPhone, (I want a bigger screen), does the tablet have to be connected to a network, in order for me to use it with the mini 2, or will GPS and WIFI be sufficient, on the tablet.

Thanks in Advance.

I fly a Mini 2 with two different Galaxy Tablets (both Android), an S2 (8" Screen, weighs about 9-oz.) and an A8 (10" screen, Bigger Picture, but it weighs 1-lb, 2-oz) and both are WiFI only. You will activate and Bind it from home, when you turn it on the first time. You do not need WiFi to fly, you only need it download Software and Firmware updates.

However, when you fly, you can have access to Google maps. This is really helpful if you loose your drone as the controller and the Device with the App will show you the location of your drone. IT will not tell you if it’s in a tree or on the ground, but I’m sure you can figure that out…

What I do before I go out to fly, I open the DJI Fly App, bring up the map of the location where I intend to fly and download the map into the queue (it’s done just by viewing it…).

Now if you go to a second location, you probably will not have that map, so do not crash it…

If you use a phone, the screen is smaller and not where as much fun to fly FPV…

Finally, the Controller comes with the wires to connect with a MicroUSB, a USB-C , and the IOS connector, burt the wires are only long enough to connect a phone. You will have to Buy both a conger cable and some method to mount the larger tablet.

I advise you to go to YouTube and view lots of videos about the mini 2 and the options to mount a device (phone or tablet).

Next, I am active on two other web sites and I advise you to join them also…

The first one is the actual DJI Members web site, you will need to have an account with them if you buy a mini 2 so you can activate it.

The Second one, MavicPilots is a really active site and if you had asked this question there, it would already would have had a dozen answers. I I advise you to join, log onto Pilot Check In and ask this same question, you’ll see…

Good Luck, and watch those video and I’ll see you on MavicPilots…

strong text