RC Connection issues.

Aloha,

I have had l my mini 2 for almost two years and have been loving it. However, lately when I try to connect I am having problems. The RC controller connection keeps coming in and out. Also, the live feed from the camera to my monitor keeps lagging. Has anybody else had issues, and if so, what would be the remedy.

Thanks for any advice!

Mark

Your first sentence is almost as if I wrote it, “I have had l my mini 2 for almost two years and have been loving it.”

Recently updated the Fly App to 1.12.3 without issue. I use three different devices with my Mini 2, a Galaxy A8 Tablet, a Galaxy S2 Tablet and a Motorola Moto G Smart phone, all Android, and I’ve had no issues all three…

I can only think of one issue, your device… Your phone or tablet might be having issues. The Fly App is a selfish, hungry application and uses a lot of the devices resources…

Check your device for available Ram, usable memory; check your device for available storage memory; also check to see if you are running other applications in the background.

Close all open running applications to free up Ram. Backup all the extraneous files that you might be saving on your device and erase all that you do not need (photos, music, etc…). And get rid of all those photos and videos that you shot with your Mini 2 over the last couple of years or save them to a computer or other backup device.

You might even have to Reset you device in Setup to clean up all the memory and ram…

Good Luck!

Anything noteworthy change since now and the last time all worked as expected?

Do you notice the same issues no matter where you fly?

No, nothing has changed. I usually do a test flight from home to make sure it’s all working okay. I never had problems in the past until lately! (?). Perhaps I will try it out in a park close to my home to see if there’s any difference.

What happens when the RC connection comes in and out? Do you mean your drone disconnects from the RC mid flight – and then starts auto returning to home?

No, I am still able to take off and land. I just don’t attempt to fly ANY distance. Also, the camera live feed lags and stops for a few seconds at a time. Just don’t know what to do!

So, then what do you mean by the RC connection is coming in and out?

Which mobile device are you using to fly? Have you tried other mobile devices to rule out the possibility that your mobile device is lagging?

I interpreted the “connection keeps coming in and out” as the device just seems to hang up (as in cannot process all that information) and that would also explain the video lagging. I still think the device is possibly running a ton of apps in the background, restricting the amount of Ram available for the Fly App, additionally, the app has to write to the memory and if there has been a lot of apps loaded and deleted the memory could be fragmented and it take longer to write or retrieve data…

Had a similar problem with a friend’s kid whose phone was running so many apps in the background: the camera, a couple of music apps, like 30-plus pages open in Google, a calculator, live news updates, facebook, tic toc, numerous games all running, and a lot more, and even an old Android update that had downloaded and he never installed…

I believe it… see it all of the time. Restarting the device just prior to flying would be an easy way to rule that out as the cause.

1 Like

Hi guys, no I have a dedicated Tripltek that I use solely for flying my drone. So it is not related to storage. Thank you for responding though!

1 Like

@Transition can you answer these questions?

1. What do you mean by the RC connection is coming in and out?
  2. Have you tried other mobile devices to rule out the possibility that your Tripltek is lagging?