Photos missing?

Hi, First time poster long time lurker… So this weekend I drove several hours for a couple of shoots. Probably took close to 200 photos with the mavic pro 2. Well I ended up with about 60 on the card. On site I was able to see that they were recorded. Camera sound was going off and everything seemed fine.

About half way through the day I was not able to shoot photos or videos, I landed, power cycled and everything seemed fine after that.

Anyways, come home to fine out almost everything is missing. the photo sequence goes from DJI_0711.dng to a new 101Media Folder with new set of names DJI_0001.dng. (I have the setting set to continuous so it shouldn’t reset the names)

Has anyone seen this? I’m guessing it is a memory card issue? Is there any way to recover the lost images? The flight logs are gigabytes in sizes, perhaps there are copies buried in there? Any suggestions for recovery? I tried recuva with no luck.

Hi, sorry I can’t help but I’m experiencing the same issue!
I was wondering if you found a way to retrieve the missing photos?

1 Like

I used a file recovery program on the sd card. I tried several, one worked where others didn’t, try them all until you find your photos… And then I tossed that sd card into the trash. Pretty sure it was the issue. Haven’t had a problem since.

We have had these strange intermittent issues also… where it all of a sudden starts the numbering at 001 again in a new folder.

Other day used Adobe Bridge to sort and transfer the files (about 150) from a job we shoot every week…
Went to the client folder to start working on them and they weren’t there… ok… so went to SD card… OMG they had been erased off the card… luckily we had just bought a new card for our Sony and it came with that Sandisk offer for a free recovery program - ran that - took a while - and went on from there…

when you stop to consider that in 1985 I bought a 20 MB hard drive for $2,000 and it was the size of a small briefcase… now we have 256 + GB on a tiny card the size of your little finger nail… ain’t tech wonderful - until it ain’t.

Check your SD download location.

Same here Mavic 2 Pro with many images disappeared from a 128 pro card Only 3 files showing First time it happened to me.

I check the card and it says it is fine Trying to use different recovery software to see if I am lucky This makes my M2Pro much more trustless now. Very concerning

But to be clear, this happened to us with a P4P not a Mavic… and the file deletions was because of ADOBE Bridge and not anything DJI did

I have also the P4p and never happened this with that drone or any other
2 Recovery programs Disk Drill and RescuePro where unsuccessful to recover those filed although they saw many others from past sessions
The Dji album also showed no thumbnails The weird thing is that the card showed used space that was not shown whatever I tried
When I pushed the photo buttons I could hear the sound
All very weird I am on the road , have finally given up to recover those files and formatted again If ig happens again I will throw the Sandisk to the garbage although no problem is detected with analyze tools

Had the same issue (I think). Took pics and video. When I tried looking at the pics and vids I could only find the vids. I found that I had to change a setting in the storage settings. It was only set to vids. You do that by clicking on the review tab. Under the capture button. Once in there you will see a white chess figure looking button at the top right of the screen. Click that and it should give you options. Hope that’s helps.