Phantom 4 pro 2.0 crash

Flying my phantom 4 pro 2.0 and first flight went perfect. Went to new location and set up and everything looked good. Started the drone and lifted to about 15 feet. Got warning beep. The drone then took a hard left bank and flew directly into a building. The drone would not react to the RC. Not sure what happened. Any ideas? I tried to upload the flight record DAT file, but but this is my first post and the forum won’t allow.

Hi,

Upload your flighlog.txt, using this > DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

cheers
JJB

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/YYWKUR46T9QATGPXE6DO/

Not sure how to read it, but here it is. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Will

Hi,

Your flight started in OPTI mode, bc no satellites received at start.
After 9 secs in flight 7 sats but no reception, at 12 secs 8 seconds and 2 for reception,
thus in a 'stablized’P-GPS mode, wich wasn`t that stable due to bad reception.
Lots of stick inputs at the end, i am not surprised that you could not control your P4.

Always wait for a GPS lock before take-off !!

cheers
JJB

Shouldn’t the collision avoidance system should have kept the system from crashing into the building?

Doesnt the P4 have only front and rear avoidance sensors? so banking left is not controlled by sensors. Plus in genereal, for high speed flying towards an obstacle, drone will react to late.....small branhes ect, no braking ect etc so OA is great on drones, but doesnt work always

I believe the Object Avoidance system was not enabled.

BudWalker, Thank you for pointing this out. I think I took it off to fly inside and didn’t put it back on. Where did you find this information?
Thanks,
Will

It is contained in the MC_PARAM:OAEnabled column in the .csv produced by TXTlogtoCSVtool. Yoou can either run that converter directly or use CsvView to run it for you. CsvView produced the chart seen in my previous post.

Guess yes. But not all columns are updated, some are always filled with the same value.

Love to see a DJI drone flightlog in wich OA is enabled and disabled during 1 flight.

cheers
JJB

I believe you may be thinking about the MC_PARAM:failSafeAction column. On some of the DJI platforms this always shows Hover even if the actual setting is GoHome. But, in the event of a failure it’s value will change to the actual setting.

You could try a test flight to what happens if OA is turned off then on.

Thanks, i know how to peform tests -:slight_smile: but i do now have a P4 or other DJI dronesin wich you can disable the OA.

Not in all DJI crafts is this failsafe parameter set on the occasion, makes it hard to believe in True = True and False = False. Well, only a minor minor problem in this Covid-19 period.

cheers
JJB