P4P Clock:tick# jumps and compass error.

Hi,

While investigating why the gimbal does not stay aligned with the course in waypoint mode I discovered that the Clock:tick# makes a large jump on almost every flight. I think this could be causing other errors too.

I haven’t received any errors in flight, with one exeption when I received a compass error and it went to ATTI mode.

Can you guys take a look at my DAT files and tell me what you think? FLY130 is the one where I received the error.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ECqxfw3_7xFtT_NdEOlWGWbg7nv_h9Ar?usp=sharing

Thank you.

The short answer is the apparent jump in Clock:tick# isn’t real. It’s an artifact due to the way that DatCon processes the time scale.

Clock:tick# is actually a value computed by DatCon from the IMU_ATTI:atti_cnt:D value. The problem occurs when DatCon encounters a corrupted record and can’t quite figure out how to determine Clock:tick#. I’ve been fine tuning how this works for several versions now.

To see if this is happening I like to compare Clock:tick# against GPS:time

Is this something I should be concerned about?

How do I fix it?

There isn’t anything you can do except be aware that DatCon can’t present an accurate time axis. It’s not the P4P that has the problem.

Hi,

Do you think it would be better if I redo the timestamping of all the measurement by using the IMU_ATTI:atti_cnt:D (taking into consideration the counter reset that happens) and using the GPS time as a reference?

DatCon is smarter now. Try specifying that DatCon use Smart Time Axis Processing

Here is that same chart

Thank you. I will check it out