OTG Cable

Please can you tell me if a OTG cable fit straight into my P3 Advanced remote controller and iPad without adaptors.

You can connect your iPad to the remote controller with a Lightning (or USB-C) cable. It plugs into the USB port on the back of the remote controller.

1 Like

Hi Mike,
I was thinking about the OTG cable being the same for the iPad as the original cable?Lightening to micro USB at the controller?

Ah, I see. You cannot connect a mobile device to the Micro USB port on the remote controller.

Most any Lightning cable that charges your phone or tablet should work fine. Just consider the port on the RC as a Standard USB port on your PC.

1 Like

Thanks.The reason I asked is because I ordered a 0TG cable and wasn’t sure if the micro USB end of the lightning cable ahould have an adaptor.The main reason for changing the cable from the iPad to the remote controller to a OTG is that here in South Africa there have been some flyaways reported due to the signal being lost they say.And bad video feed.
USB OTG introduces the concept of a device performing both master and slave roles – whenever two USB devices are connected and one of them is a USB OTG device, they establish a communication link. The device controlling the link is called the master or host, while the other is called the slave or peripheral.
USB OTG introduces the concept of a device performing both master and slave roles – whenever two USB devices are connected and one of them is a USB OTG device, they establish a communication link. The device controlling the link is called the master or host, while the other is called the slave or peripheral.
Answer to How different is a normal usb cable from OTG usb cable? by Shreyas Ravindra

Answer to How different is a normal usb cable from OTG usb cable? by Shreyas Ravindra

Neither of those things can cause a flyaway. The drone is controlled by the remote controller. And the remote controller is still able to control the drone when the video drops out, the cable disconnects on the remote controller, etc.

If you really want to prevent a flyaway, then you should read this guide:

Prevent a Crash or Flyaway with Your DJI Drone (The Complete Guide)

1 Like

Goldarn it! I should have got hold of you earlier.I tried but my account no longer existed so got lost on Google trying to get some answers to no avail.I’ve wasted a good ZAR 300 on something I need not ever had to use again.But what about that earth connection they use on the OTG cable that recognises the device as a slave or a device.That means the ID pin is connected to the ground giving a more secure link?

Pay attention to what @msinger is telling you. The device and/or cable has nothing to do with the aircraft control. You can fly the aircraft just fine without any device. Loosing video feed means nothing.

1 Like

Whew! This vibe you put out was just as agro as when I was supposed to be speaking to Mike alone I thought about batteries.I was wondering when this would come out again.Be cool man.We aren’t all self justified pros like you.I had listened to Mike but thought the article would be of some interest not knowing you were in the background waiting to tear off my head!In damn future I will talk to Mike privately like he’s the Doctor and I won’t be expecting the germ to chip in!

Where did you get that idea? I was stating the fact that Mike had already given you the proper answer in relation to the non-existant fly away issue with a USB Cable. It has nothing to do with your concern. If you felt that was condescending or abusive, I apologize as it was not intended as such.

1 Like

This is the second time you popped up in my conversation with Mike and have come out as aggressive and condescending.I have had to admit I’m a “newby” which I really didn’t have to.But seeing as this is how you come across unintentionally I’ll forgive you.Just don’t ever forget you were where once a “newbie”

If you guys don’t want to interact with one another, you can ignore each other in the following section of your user preferences:

Click your avatar at the top, right of this page and click the gear icon to open the user preferences page.

You know that is not the case, Mike. I try to help when I can and even appologized if this OP took anything I said to heart. I was re-iterating your position on his issue. However, I will refrain from further comment on the thread. That should be good enough.