no fly zone

Yeah it says any changes to the firmware may void warranty. Hopefully all of my request and complaints will get a reaction

That was probably just a warning. There are dirt and unmarked airports all around me. I only get warnings.
You probably just need to acknowledge them through the app.

Running/installing old firmware won’t void your warranty. If you modify the internal parameters of the drone and crash, that could void your warranty if DJI finds out what you did.

It’s the Disneyland TFR. There’s no flying near Disneyland. According to the TFR, it’s a 3 nautical mile radius. It’s actually a permanent TFR. DJI is not going to approve you to fly in that area unless you get permission from the FAA and then show them the documentation proving same. And even then they still may not approve you. It’s extremely difficult to get permission or approval to fly in DJI restricted red zones.

The area is also showing on airmap. It’s a restricted zone. Doesn’t matter if you fly 101 or 107. FAA considers these red restricted zones to be “No Drone Zones.” It’s their version of a No Fly Zone. They are not going to let you fly in there. And even if you somehow managed to block the GPS and somehow manage to start the motors, it’s still an illegal flight. One of your neighbors will drop a dime and we’ll read about you in the paper. Sorry. Good luck

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3635.html

here’s the bottom line - you don’t need permission from DJI for anything. their NFZs mean nothing legally. you DO, however, need permission from ATC. call the tower, see what they say. based on mark’s links, it doesn’t look hopeful. you should probably move. sorry.

Tell me more
I have the latest of everything
go app 4 is 4.2.16
aircraft is 1.04.0400
I’m missing something with your .600?
How did you install a firewall?

there isn’t a tower I’m not near an airport. it says that I can’t fly here because I’m in proximity of nuclear power station but there isn’t one of those hear me either

go to youtube and search “mavic pro rollback firmware” - you’ll get loads of information. the firewall i use on my android devices is “no root firewall” it’s free in the play store.

1 Like

but I am 3.5 miles to disney

yep - try telling that to dji. that’s the problem with a chinese company being allowed to determine what you can and can’t do with your property in the name of “public safety”. it’s sad … but the only option is to disable their draconian NFZs. again, don’t break any laws or ffa regs. call your nearest ATC and ask the question, “this is my address, am i in your restricted air space?” every tower operator i have spoken with has been extremely helpful.

You are apparently more like 3.4 miles to Disney

I got an answering machine