New mini 3 questions

Previous Phantom 4 owner, now with Mini Pro 3. Couple of questions:

When I click “go home” the drone ascends to 1350 feet before lining up and descending. Am I doing something wrong?

Photos are excellent but videos are grossly overexposed and totally washed out on the same flight with switching from one to the other. Hmmmm? Doing something wrong again.

Love the drone, so compact, carry it almost anywhere!!!

Thanks for the info,
Walter

Yes you are doing something wrong, Read the manual and you will learn how to set the RTH altitude…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 3 Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first “scary moment…”

Hello, before you take off, you can set the height you want to reach when you return home from the settings. This is if there are overhangs or trees and other safety features that give it a height that is higher than the highest thing you are flying. So that when the drone comes home it doesn’t get damaged.

You can set the RTH altitude after you turn on your drone, or after you energize the motors, or after you take off, or later in the flight… When the RTH is activated either by you, a low battery, a lost signal, etc… The drone raises or lowers to the preset altitude and flies directly to the Home point. You cannot set any waypoints or anything else, it flies directly to the Home Point and lands. If you took off from under a tree, a structure, the front seat of your car (and then pushed the drone out the window), took off from inside your garage and then flew out the door. That take off location is the Home point and if the drone goes into RTH, it will fly directly to a point over the Home Point and land. If you took off from under a tree and flew out, it will land directly onto top of the tree. If you took off from inside your garage and then flew out, and again the RTH is activated, the drone will fly over your garage and land on the roof…

Set the RTH altitude higher than any trees, buildings, towers, wires, etc… or when the drone raises to the set altitude it flies straight home.

Now, I do not have a Mini 3 with obstacle avoidance and if the drone is returning to home and it sees a tree in the way, I do not know what it would do, fly into the tree, stop and hover, or try to fly around, I do not know. Go onto YouTube and see if there are videos about this…

Good Luck!