Mini pro 3 rc phone and tablet query

I have a Samsung Tab A 2018 10.5 running Android 10, one ui 2.1 and an Honor 8S Android 9 ui 9.1. Can i use either or both to use and dji fly App? If not what are best options? I also purchased rc tablet holder.
Mini pro 3 rc

Try loading the DJI Fly App on both, It’s not a 100% guarantee, but if the App will not run, then that’s a 100% NO…

Now, what you need to consider is the Fly App is a greedy pig… It needs lots of Ram and lots of storage. If you have been running these devices for a long time, then you might need to do some house keeping…

Delete old, unused apps, download your photos and music to a MicroSD card and in the worse case, you might have to do a complete RESET of the the device, it’s in setup, you can google info about this…

Good Luck!

Thank you for your reply.

I have the tablet holder and wanted whatever device to act as WiFi connect, and have the largest screen. I will have it dedicated for drone work. What devices best support all dji mini 3 rc needs?

Really, you need to decide what best serves your needs…

Use the Tablet to run the DJI Fly App and use your smartphone as a Hotspot to provide WiFi to the tablet. The internet connection is only necessary when you fly to see the Maps. The Internet is not needed for anything else unless you need to unlock a geozone while out in the field.

However, if you drop your drone in the weeds or in a tree. Without the internet connection, the map is all one big pixel.

Here is an experiment. With Internet access to your tablet, open the Fly App and go to camera view, you do not need to have the drone on… Then bring up the map and click on Satellite view. Notice that you can scroll in so close to your location that you could see yourself if you were outside when the satellite view was taken….

Now, turn off the WiFi, and open the Maps again in the APP. The location you are in is still stored in the queue. But with the WiFi off, now scroll the map several miles in any direction.

Notice, as you scroll away from your location, the map has less and less detail and soon, only the roads are visible, no trees, no houses, no hill, no nothing…

That is why you would want Internet access in case you drop your drone and have to go look for it…

Find My Drone and having it CRY for Help is of little use when it is stuck high up in a tree, hidden by leaves and branches…