Mini 2 Crashed Itself

I was bringing Mini 2 for landing. I usually rotate drone before landing(camera ahead) so that I don’t confuse myself. But it automatically started to go towards the wall. Thankfully nothing happened except scratches to the props. I think sensors don’t work quite well night. Is this true? Horrible experience.

I am not trying to be condescending but you did write that “I usually rotate drone before landing (camera ahead) so that I don’t confuse myself.” So I am guessing that you are an inexperienced pilot and still learning.

I believe you did confuse yourself and instead of yawing (turning the drone around), you gave it roll and it “crabbed” to the right or left…

Only way to know for sure would be for you to have your logs analyzed. I am not qualified to do this, but I believe you just moved the wrong stick…

Now, as for the scratches on the props… Only you can judge the level of damage and how hard it actually hit the wall. Minor scuffs and they are probably OK, Dings, dents, chips, etc… and they need to be replaced.

Consider this, if just one prop breaks while you are flying, the drone will tumble to the ground. If it is up high, it will probably suffer severe damage and if it’s over a tree you may never recover it and it if it’s over water, it’s going swimming…

If you do replace them, be very sure you install them on the correct positions…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first “scary moment…”

Good Luck!

1 Like

That is true. However, since the Mini 2 only has downward sensors, those could not have prevented it from flying into a wall.

1 Like