Mavic fly away, need help

Hey guys, I was flying my mavic and it started to malfunction and not respond to commands. I managed to get signal back ans retrieve it, but this is the first time its happen. I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out what happened? I was pretty close to mavic, probably 50 feet away from it taking pictures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/HOMMEHU8CZGCC7FZYW3Q/#

2 Likes

Your flight log does not explain why the connection dropped. Here are some things you can do to prevent common connection issues:

• Don’t fly in areas with electromagnetic interference (near power lines, base stations, electrical substations, or broadcasting towers).

• If you’re flying with other drone pilots, don’t stand directly next to their remote controllers.

• Position the remote controller antennas so they are parallel from one another and with the flat side pointed toward the aircraft (as shown here).

• Keep the remote controller away from all other electronic devices while you’re flying (other than the mobile device you’re using to fly).

• Enable airplane mode on your mobile device or manually disable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Cellular.

1 Like

A few other thoughts.

As pointed out already, if flying near any other DJI drone, especially Mavic PP or Mavic 2, move, I will get in interferance warning very fast if I am close to another pilot with similar drone. Stand off 10 feet to 15 feet. They are all some version of occusync but I have also had a similar message when flying P4 Pro, (Lightbridge).

Also, make sure you are not inadvertently moving under a tree or other obstacles. I have found that a tree directly overhead 20 feet or more can still block a M2 signal very quickly.

If you were only 50 feet away, you were no where near a true signal loss distance.

Might try some more flights making sure all is clear around you and see if you get the message again. If you had the home point set, it should come home.

Paul C