Mavic Air 2 with new iPad

Hi Mavic Air 2 flyers!

I have a question that I couldn’t find an answer to on this forum, hope someone has experience and can help. I am looking to fly my MA2 with the new iPad (Apple iPad 10.2" 8th generation 32 GB Wifi+Cell), and I wonder if this tablet will work smoothly with the DJI FLY app.

There is no indication on the compatibility page for this specific iPad Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help, but I wondered if that means it won’t work at all, or if just no-one tried and tested it before.

Thanks for your help!

Regards Twan

I’ve seen other users on the DJI forum report no issues using the new iPad. I have an iPad Air 3rd gen wifi only and so far all good. Just make sure to keep iOS updated along with the DJI Fly app.

1 Like

I also use an IPad Air 3. While using it with a tablet holder I noticed the iPad to be bent in the in the center. Have you experienced this? I recently switched to a new holder and it seems to provide relief from this problem.

I have not seen my iPad bent at all. I’m guessing it does depend on the tablet holder. I’m using the PgyTech holder here =>

I have a protective folding case/cover but I have to remove it when I fly and put in in the tablet holder since it will not fit. Happy with the PgyTech version even though I’ve seen other brands and models since I didn’t need anything fancy. Normally I use it when I’m planning on good video/photos.