Lost Spark ...and FOUND it thanks to this forum contributors!

I downloaded the black bo. I am going thru the Upload Data and see 2 files for the day and time in question…I am exporting it to my computer and will upload , Very large files it seems so be patient I am not on a fast Internet yet…

You might try using ExtractDJI to extract the “real” .DATs from the file that DJI Assistant 2 produces. This allow you to find FLY104.DAT without having to provide files like dji_assistant_export_file_2019-06-06_09-47-49.dat only to be told that it doesn’t contain the .DAT we need.

ExtractDJI is bundled with CsvView. When you run it be sure and select the Extract Dats only option.

Well I did extract files yesterday and it took hours to upload as we do not have High speed Internet here yet…but should in a few months as they are installing the fiber.

That said, hopefully the following 805 meg file should contain what is required for your analysis, but truthfully I have no clue what it contains,

https://ufile.io/q14nilx9

Yes, that contains FLY104.DAT. The front sensor is either partially blocked or it’s broken. There are multiple times ( > 50 ) during the flight where OA:frontDistance goes to 0. If that happens during an RTH the Spark will stop.That’s the reason it could never finish perform an RTH.

Each time the OA:frontDistance goes to 0 the RC should have vibrated. This from the eventLog stream
264.004 : 14849 [L-RC]Emergency break. rc vib!
This happened over 50 times, I stopped counting. Didn’t you notice the RC vibrating?

To be quite honest, between the various alarm beeps…possibly vibration I was in such panic mode that I obviously did not noticed and due to the sun I was having problem seeing the screen on my phone. So I was trying to keep my eyes on the AC.

Is there anyway for me to test the front sensor for there is nothing that blocks it frankly?

Here is one thing that I saw/experienced now is that normal or not, I don’t know. When Sparky flies forward and detects wind, It brakes and jerks and hovers…in some instance it literally refuses to move forward and the only way to bring it back is to fly backward…me Sparky does not like wind at all.

I don’t think it’s wind. It’s flying forward that it has a problem with. A problem with the front sensor isn’t an issue flying backwards. I looked at FLY103.DAT (contained in the file you submitted) and it also shows many, many occurrences where OA:frontDistance goes to 0.

The front sensor could have been affected by the sun. I don’t recall seeing this to such an extreme as this but that is a possibility, at least partially so. It would probably depend on the angle. I am assuming that from your statement above that the sun was behind you.

Actually sun was on my side and Sparky was not flying in the direction of the sun, at that time 19:00 + sun il laying rather low on the horizon

If time permits today, I will take Sparky out for a spin at a different location and see if I can verify the OA sensor functionality…

Take a look at FLY103. Doesn’t seem to matter which way it’s pointing.

I tend to agree with @BudWalker here is a full view of FLY104. I would say that there is something amiss with the front OA sensor. Too many instances to count as was stated.

I don’t frankly know the reason I will go fly it in open space and see what happens…

Someone yesterday suggested to verify an Option as it pertains to lost connection, whereby it does a RTH versus Hover in place. Where is that option in DJI G0 4…I can’t find it.

3 Batteries later and here is the results of the tests.

You guys are frankly spot on on your trouble shoothing. I flew in open space with OA on , no wind and same thing this thing refuses to move forward and there was no wind ( which I thought was the problem on my previous 2 days of experience)

When OA is disabled…it flies like a bird and the most pleasant flights and controllable. I am anxious to look at the videos taken. Being a sucker for pain and to re-confirm finding ( some of you will kick my rear end ) …I took it out (again) over the area that got me into troubles 2 days ago (my backyard in dire needs of work,property I just bought).

OA disabled this thing flew nicely…smoothly …bumped on some wind but totally manageable and I finaly was able to do an overhead flight to show to various service providers I want to hire to fix up this property.

So , no doubts your respective conclusions are spot on, and given that I bought this from a person who claimed he was never able to get it off the ground hence never used it…now I have to wonder !!! Anyway to prove otherwise with the flight logs ???
Further more someone on the other forum suggested that OA from a coming down perspective was also acting up hence kept throwing alarms and going upwards as oppose to coming down and find a spot to land.

However, what are my options here in your opinions, this thing technically speaking should still be under warranty given that the original invoice which I have is dated November 2018.

Anyways to fix this problem other then a hardware fix?

From all indications, this appears to be a sensor issue, which means a hardware fix. IMO, if you do not wish the expense of that, and what I would do, would be to leave the sensors off. OA is a great thing when needed and fully functional, but it is not a necessity. More of a luxury, or in your case a real pain. Personally, I have no need for any of the OA sensors. I stay free and clear of most any obstacles in the flight path anyway. That is up to you as to how to proceed. If you feel you really need them then by all means purse that path with DJI. If not, then I would not concern myself with it. Just IMO.

Knowing the issue/problem and given my noobieness at this …I certainly will fly away from potential collision even more so now that I have a better control over the bird.
So I am indeed incline to follow your suggestion. I have to learn to fly this thing and in that area I trust VLOS is the most important aspect I have to respect. And further more develop the skills to avoid Obstacles versus the drone doing it for me, well for now…if I ever get to flying out of sight I might reconsider this position,

But man does it make a difference flying this thing without this bug in the way, specially from one who had never flown a drone b4.

On my check list I will add , disable OA which the APP activates by default.

Now to go chasing a led cover for it seems that the perching in the tree did do some minor damage…gimbal is scratch and I lost one LED cover hence the circuit printed board under the motor is no longer covered, but the led works.

Further more someone on the other forum suggested that OA from a coming down perspective was also acting up hence kept throwing alarms and going upwards as oppose to coming down and find a spot to land.

It does appear that the down facing ultrasonic sensor is getting intermittent false returns.

========================
Please confirm that this is also an OA function from the same sensor and not something else…

Side note, given the files provided any way for you to tell me when this bird took to the sky the first time ??

I saw that as well but ignored it as irrelevant to the issue, maybe it is, maybe not. Being that it is related to altitude and not OA. I attributed that to the foliage below.

This is where I saw what you mentioned. From the device file. Very intermittent, but as I said I ignored that factor due to the OA issue which seemed more the issue.

As mentioned by @Fly_Dawg the usonic sensor is not the same sensor as the forward facing sensor and it is not used for OA.

Also the forward sensor data has just 2 values - 0 and 23. Almost certainly a HW problem. If you’re interested in a non-DJI repair facility I recommend Thunderdrones