Lost my drone

Hi i lost my drone heres my flight data . I went to 3500 meters altitude . I lost gps an the battery died at 520 meters . Find my drone seems to be showing me the wrong location . Can you assist me to find it. Whats left of it.

You can upload your TXT flight log here. If you need help reviewing it, please post a link here after uploading it.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/25FL4KQ932BD3AA0OZZS/ . The last kniw location is wrong i think . Because according to my video feed it was about 800 meters away from this position when it died. An i had no gps

Indeed. Since you could not see the drone with your eyes and there is no GPS data in the flight log, you’re likely not going to be able to track it down.

Did you attach your contact information to the drone? Perhaps someone will find it and contact you.

No but i live in farm area . So i dont think it will be stolen . Everyone knows everyone here . I just want to know . Do you agree that find my drones location is wrong because i think so

No GPS data was being recorded at the end of the flight, so the last recorded coordinates could not be accurate.

Hi msinger,
I’ve read your help posts for the past 6yrs since I bought my mavic pro and have finally joined the many people who need help.
I took my drone to my test area in October, it’s in a national park but drone’s are permitted. The valley is about 7km long with ridges on each side about 450m high (if you look on one ridge you’ll see the laser that fired at the mirror Armstrong placed on the moon and just to the east is the Honeysuckle Creek tracking station site where the first 7mins of the moon landing was captured). I use this site to test my batteries every year or so so I know their actual range in low/zero wind. I then plan my flights on google maps and do half the range of the battery as my total flight. I hadn’t used this battery for about a year so flew out to the same distance I did with it last test and landed with about 12% battery. I figured that even if the battery was significantly reduced at worst I’d have to walk 1km or so and pick it up on the grass. At the turnaround point it still had only used 43% so about on track. On the way back the battery was draining a bit faster than I was happy with so I switched to sport mode for about 10% then back to normal mode. At the point last shown on the ‘find my drone’ I lost phone connection and the footage/recording stopped but the controller was still connected. I continued to fly towards home and walked towards the drone and up about 5m hill to improve line of sight/signal. The last data sent to the controller was that the drone was landing and was at 9% battery. I’ve been to the last gps site but also walked a further 1km along the same track the drone was on as I believe it continued for about another km given it lost signal at 20% battery and auto-land is triggered at 10%. Looking at the time and distance used between 25%-20% battery I figured another km but as I haven’t found it I’m hoping to retrieve a final gps point as it was in landing mode as shown on the controller and hoping the data was transferred to the phone somewhere. Please see link below and let me know if there’s any other data I can access. Any help appreciated, it’s probably damaged by rain by now but I believe it landed safely so would really like to find it as a matter of interest. Best regards.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

At 8m 39s into the flight, the following message appeared:

“The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.”

At that point, you continued flying another 5,295 feet away from the home point before deciding to start returning home.

Based on the drone settings, one of these sequence of events likely occurred:

• The downlink and uplink disconnected, the drone started auto returning home, and landed at its current location once the battery reached 11%.

• The downlink disconnected, the uplink remained connected, and you continued flying the drone (in some unknown direction – possibly in the direction of the home point) until the point where the battery reached 11% and it started landing at its current location.

This one seems like the more likely scenario since you confirmed you were flying after the downlink dropped. With that said, I’m not sure how you knew the remote controller was still connected unless you’re saying the remote controller screen showed the drone continuing to make progress toward the home point.

Do you have another TXT flight log after the log you posted above? If your remote controller was receiving data, it should have saved it to a TXT file.

Without the log, the best you’re going to be able to do is start walking from the last recorded point (at 20% battery) toward the home point until you find the spot where it landed.

Hi, thanks for the assessment. I would never normally ignore a RTH warning but this is my test location and should’ve at worst, resulted in a short walk and a grass landing spot. I reviewed the flight log before doing a search and found that the drone was using 1% of battery every 14-15 seconds & travelling about 110m. At the last recorded reading it had been sitting on 20% for 14sec so I assumed it was effectively at 19%.
Regarding the down/up link theory, when the video transmission froze/stopped (I have the video) the drone was at the last recorded position on the map as shown. I still had flight data returning to the controller itself though and left my thumb on the throttle to continue it towards home. I then walked towards the drone about 30-50m to get up an embankment and better signal leaving thumb on the throttle. When I got to the embankment I saw it was auto-landing and the battery was at 9%.
So between 19% and auto-landing triggered it was either still flying towards home either due to my input or if it did disconnect due to RTH auto mode and it may have reestablished contact once I climbed the embankment. It is the data from that auto-landing that I was hoping to locate/recover. There is a JSON file I can try to look at but unsure if it’s relevant.
What I couldn’t see at the time was the variation between the track out and back, I thought it was returning on the exact same track due to the screen size.
If I can’t recover or don’t have the data from the landing cycle and a gps point then I’m back to sweeping a track from the last known point and the home point but still think it travelled a further 1000-1100m.
Thanks again for your help.

I’m not aware of any other files where location data might be stored.

If you were manually flying it straight toward the home point or RTH kicked in, it probably hit 11% right around this location and started to land:

Maybe start on foot around that area?