LG V30 (2017)

Let’s discuss using the LG V30 with DJI GO. Share tips, the best device settings, accessories used with this device, and troubleshoot problems.

Here are some tips/settings that’ll help DJI GO perform better on your LG V30:

The LG V30 is the third smartphone I’ve used with my DJI Spark and by far the best yet. Previously I had used the Samsung S8 which unfortunately developed screen burns. The S8’s brightness specification was impressive but the V30 appears to be just as bright with no burns so far.

The phone’s 6 inch screen is wider offering more vertical space. It’s just about as big as you would want to go using the controller’s phone clips. There is very little bezel and the mounts almost cover part of the screen. DJI was clever enough to enable a “swipe” action to bring up the home keys.

I’m using an OTG cable which surprisingly, turns the phone on with controller’s power button and starts the GO 4 APP.

The V30 “tethers” to my everyday phone via WiFi since there is no SIM card installed.

Specific likes:

1. It was fairly easy to disable unwanted, factory APPS and LG claims that services that are unused for period of time are removed from startup. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of this. If true, the phone will get faster over time. We shall see. Right now, the phone’s speed is excellent.

2. There is no nagging that there is no SIM card installed.

3. There is no ugly notch.

4. Fast bootup.

5. Great overall performance

6. Screen does not appear to have a burn-in issue

7. Very reasonably priced if you shop around.