DJI Drone Help Forum

HOW TO: Delete internal flight logs from the Mavic Pro

Follow these instructions to delete the flight logs from the Mavic Pro’s internal memory:

Note: You’ll need an FTP client to connect to the Mavic Pro and delete the flight log files. These instructions show how to perform this procedure using FileZilla.

1) Connect a micro USB cable between the micro USB port on the side of the Mavic Pro to a USB port on your computer.

2) In FileZilla, select “File” --> “Site Manager…” from the top menu and create a new site with the following settings:

Note: The username and password are both “nouser”.

3) Connect to the Mavic Pro by selecting the new site you created above.

4) In the “Remote site” pane, navigate to the “/blackbox/flyctrl” directory by double clicking the “blackbox” directory and then double clicking the “flyctrl” directory. You should then see the contents of the “/blackbox/flyctrl” directory

5) Delete all of the listed DAT files.

6) Navigate to the “/blackbox/vision” directory and delete all of the directories found there.

Mavic Air + DJI Goggles?

Hi, this looked so promising. I wanted to try it out on my Mavic 2 Pro. It won’t connect with the settings given. I get the following message: Connection attempt failed with “ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server” Is there a password associated with this? I see something in the password box but it is blanked out. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Yep. The same thing happened when I tried it. As far as I know, it can only be done with the Mavic Pro.

Bummer, no solution for the Mavic 2 yet then. I hope someone comes up with a way to get rid of the logs. Considering that every time one flies one of these beyond line of sight visual control limits you are committing a federal crime and that all the evidence is there in the logs, I would like to clean it out once in a while. It is only a matter of time before the feds will go to DJI for the data and go after anyone flying, say, more than 1000 feet from take off point. I was going to retire my Pixhawk birds since I like the Mavic 2 so much but now I will be keeping them around. At least with Pixhawk I have complete control of my data.

@ [msinger] I upload my Uplifting podcast using FileZilla! Do you know how I can keep a flight log of my Mavic Pro?

Where would you like to keep your logs? How would you like to view them? How long do you need to store them?

Hello!
Is this IP address for all mavic pro?
What is the password?
Does it work with mavic air?

Thanks!

Yes.

nouser

No.

Hi, Instead of deleting my internal flight logs. I used your method to backup my flight logs. However, the downloaded .DAT files are found to be encrypted and cannot be view. Anyway, to view my flight logs?

If you’re flying a Mavic Pro, you can access the data with DatCon or CsvView.

Yes, flying a Mavic Pro. Both DatCon and CsvView are unable to decode the DAT files. Any other ways available?

Can you upload one of the DAT files to a file sharing site (like dropbox.com) and link it here?

Not that I know of.