I was flying my almost new DJI Spark in Mexico CanCun outside Hotel Hyatt Ziva and on 35m altitude I got alot of errors and warnings and suddenly the DJI Spark flew out in the water and got lost. I believe the DJI Spark had som serious malfunction bug and I am looking to get it replaced even though it is lost in the water and I have no insurance.
Is there any good flight record anlaysits out there that could give your opinion? I hered that this happened more people in Mexico and that it seems that they invented a technology to cut you signal and overtake the ride and kill the drone out in the sea.
I uploaded the flght record txt
Below I will tell you my experience and aswell write all kind of error massages I got. I flew it with a new DJI controller L100A
Errors in iphone XS:
- IMU heading error. Please restart aircraft (about 1-2 min in at approx 35min hovering above myself connected to 16 GPS)
- Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode (I did not push anything for this to appear, I was just hoovering above myself 30m same as Home Point)
- Weak GPS signal. Position accuracy can be compromised. Please fly with caution.
- IMU heading error. Please restart the aircraft. (stil 30m above myself with “full” charged batteries)
- Weak GPS signal (stil shows 16 satelites on display) - Starts to drift rapidly out into the sea 35km/h horizontal speed alo slowly descends 2km/s
- Abnorml compass function or GPS signal detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode.
Error in the flight record online analys
- Yaw Error
- Compass Error
- Abnormal compass function or GPS signal detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode.; Yaw Error
- Downlink Restored (after 0m 3.1s); Abnormal compass function or GPS signal detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode.; Yaw Error
- Downlink Restored (after 0m 0.9s); Yaw Error
- Weak GPS signal. Positional accuracy may be compromised. Please fly with caution.; Yaw Error
- Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode; Yaw Error
When it started to drift out into the sea at approx 20m it suddenly lost all connection to the phone at only about 50m distans and drifted out sideways and just keep disappearing. I did not believe the flight record kept recording since I could not se any more info in my DJI GO4 app. It just showed te drone was above me but stoped showing it drifting away but the flight record seems to have recorded it all the way where it decent in the water even though I had zero connection and no picture on screen.