Help needed with metadata and ESRI Full Motion Video add-in

Hi, Any of you using ESRI’s Full Motion Video (FMV) add-in? I have seen a few older post mentioning this add-in, but nothing recent.

Our company uses DJI Phantom 4, and 4 pro, Inspire 1-2 and Mavic 2 Zoom, and colleagues in the field take still images of objects on the ground. Sometimes they also make short video clips during the flight.

After the flight, we use Airbase desktop to transform the flight log .txt file into a metadata csv.

A little background on FMV success: I have had success multiplexing one of the phantom4pro videos, which had the video recording turned on during the entire flight. For this, the metadata csv file needed the missing value for Sensor Vertical Field of View, do some magic with the unixtimestamp and edit the headers, and after much experimenting and reaching out to ESRI, it worked. If someone is interested I can share more details on this.

Still, I have a few questions regarding different platforms:

Question 1) what are the correct horizontal/vertical field of views to populate the metadata table for the multiplexer tool for the various platforms? (It could be that I do not understand how FOV is calculated altogether… )

Phantom 4: specs according to website: FOV 94° 20 mm (35 mm format equivalent) f/2.8 focus at ∞

Phantom 4 Pro : specs according to website: FOV 84° 8.8 mm/24 mm (35 mm format equivalent) f/2.8 - f/11 auto focus at 1 m - ∞ (When I look at the metadata file I download from the Airbase desktop, it indicates Sensor Horizontal Field of View 76. I calculated VFOV is 48 for a 16:9 aspect ratio.)

Mavic 2 zoom : specs according to website FOV: about 83° (24 mm); about 48° (48 mm), 35 mm Format Equivalent: 24-48 mm (So for a 3:4 ratio are they 83 and 63? What does the 48 indicate? When I look at the metadata file I download from the Airbase desktop, it indicates Sensor Horizontal Field of View 80.
Shouldn’t the zoom level change these values?

Inspire 1 : FOV: 94°.

Inspire 2 : I have found specs for its Forward Vision System, that is FOV: Horizontal: 60°; Vertical: 54°. Is this right?

Question 2) Scenario and background: I fly the drone for 1 hour and during that flight I turn on the video recorder for 20 minutes. When I download the CSV file which was generated from the flight log txt file with Airbase Desktop, it is for the entire flight, so I need to crop the file only for that specific 20 minutes when the video was recording if I want to use the metadata file for multiplexing in FMV.

(There was a relatively recent version update in Airbase Desktop which aimed to address this by introducing and extra column for video on/off, but does not work).

Any ideas how to locate in a csv metadata file the rows where the video was recording? If you recommend a software pls note that due to the nature of our work we cannot use cloud based solutions. :frowning:

Bonus question: anyone have tried the Oriented Imagery add-in with DJI imagery?

Thanks so much!