FAA Survey of Unmanned Aircraft Operators for 2022 Recreational Activitie

I have been running my DJI Mavic Pro Platinum for the past 2 years problem free, until about a month ago. 2 weeks ago I took off, got about 20 ft abouve the ground and got a warning I had reached the max legal height ceiling, 400’. So I had to fly about 200 ft and it recorded I was over 530 ft high! Then last week I was flying and the drone was about 300 yd out and I got a message that my drone was not connected to my remote. I could not get anything from the camera and the only control feature that actually worked was the Return to home, thank goodness. Just seems off thagt this started right after filling out the drone survey on-line. Anyone elase had a problem? Survey was from: [email protected] via research.net [email protected] Dear Unmanned Aircraft Operator,

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is conducting a survey of registered recreational Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) operators for 2022, which includes owners and operators of both drones and model aircraft. This survey is used to determine UAS activity across the United States and help to predict future UAS activity. This information is important to the FAA for improving services for UAS operators, increasing the safety of both manned and unmanned aviation, allocating funds for UAS traffic management, and estimating the cost of regulations on the public. Your responses and opinions are important to the FAA. The survey link below takes you to the FAA’s UAS survey on Survey Monkey. The information you provide us is private and will not be willingly shared with other government offices, agencies, or departments. However, aggregate data, such as the average response to a question for all respondents, will be shared within the FAA to increase safety and inform policy. As such, please answer the questions to the best of your ability so that the FAA has the most accurate information when making decisions, which could directly affect you.

The brief survey is less than 10 minutes of your time.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to complete the survey.