drone fell vertically , the battery mysteriously turned off. the drone fell vertically with a thump to the ground

My sister’s daughter was having a party when she was 12 years old. Her friends came to celebrate. It was evening, dark, pleasant weather, and almost windless. It happened in Israel, in the northern area of a locality called Amona. Sitting in an open garden (a few trees around), I wanted to film a video with the dji spark drone which I have for several years, and I flew it quite a bit (sometimes there was a long break of many months). I raised the glider to a height of about 5 meters and a really short distance (about 2, 3 meters), and I started to videotape the children who were sitting around the tables. The drone’s battery was about 60 percent. I started taking pictures, and when the battery reached a little over 50%, the drone ,simply , yes simply !!! drone fell vertically , the battery mysteriously turned off. the drone fell vertically with a thump to the ground.( I did not have to fly the glider so close to the children in advance, but that’s not the point). I do not want a new glider, or come up with any complaints to the dji company that I really appreciate. This may be a programming problem that needs to be solved (I myself am a computer person and chief programmer). I will not fly any spark drone, and so I will recommend to my students, (I am a lecturer in computers, in college), until I know why it happened, because now I was lucky that it did not fall on a person’s head, but tomorrow it can happen (to me or someone else) That it will fall on a person’s head from a height of say 20 meters, then death is certain. I am not afraid of losing the drone but of an accident that could cause death. Each necessary file I will attach. Any document. Any video. Sincerely