DJI Go4 crashing!

Hi, fellow pilots, this is an issue I’m sure others have experienced. Periodically the app just disconnects though still have full control of my mavic pro, thankfully. On my last flight, it happened towards the end but can happen at any stage during a flight. I’ve been using app version 4.3.0 for quite a long time now and mostly been ok. If I restart the app it will connect again but it’s a bit annoying to say the least especially when trying to get the shot. I also use the DJI Go app with my phantom 3 standard and has never happened. The disconnection can happen on either my Tab A tablet or my Huawei phone. I have considered updating the app to see how that goes though generally believe if it ain’t broken then why fix it. Maybe I should consider it broken or go back to using the Litchi.
Any thoughts?

Yes, you should definitely update to the current version of DJI GO. If that does not resolve your issue, then try these tips or switch to one of these commonly used devices (preferably one of the newer mobile devices).

Yes I will though it’s interesting that it’s only started doing it on the tablet but has a few times on the phone. Thanks for your help.

Hi, I see in the ’ Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)’ Configure USB Port Settings using a USB cable, set to MIDI as apposed to MTP. I usually have set to the latter. Would set to MIDI be preferable?

I don’t recall ever trying MTP. Maybe use whatever works best on your device.

By default it’s been MTP but might try the other and see. Thanks again.