Disconnected - Mavic 2 Pro lost

The most important fact here perhaps is that the drone failed to return-to-home as it should have. Given that the drone had flown around 800m over a route similar to previous days, had 15 satellites signal and 72% battery and was flown in calm conditions, then the evidence would indicate a failure of the drone (either hardware or software).

Also strange is that, in some cases, it seems that DJI has provided a replacement after a disconnection but not in others. In all manufacturing processes there are likely to be some units/items which do not work as they should, so a good company would replace these items. But with DJI, it is a battle. And for about 1400 euros, it is a battle that I am going to continue, legally if necessary.

The sad fact is that if I go the legal action route, the retailer is the one whom I had a contract with, so I have to direct the action towards them, even though they were the middleman.

But already DJI have shaken my confidence and so far, their ‘support’ service has been hopeless and frustrating.

A new product (less than 6 weeks old) should not disconnect in these circumstances).

1 Like

I have a Mavic 2 Pro as well. My first had a software problem after his first update after 1 week. Dji replaced it. My second had a gimball problem. Dji replaced it as well. My third was finally good. I ve lost severall times connection but till now he went always to the home point. Before every flight I set the homepoint again and also before every battery check. Are you sure the homepoint was set correctly?

Thanks for your reply. I would welcome more details about your disconnection problems.

I believe that the Mavic 2 Pro automatically updates the home point on take off, normally I received a verbal message on take off saying that the home point had been updated. I was also taking off from the same place as the previous 2 flights (even from the same seat !). But more details about yoru disconnections would be very helpful. Thanks.

I am not sure he is always updating his homepoint, most of the time he does, but always? Sometimes it’s possible I lose the connetion while he is not that far away, because of buildings. But if I don’t get connected, after 3 sec he is coming home. That are some awfull moments, because you just hope he’is coming back. A few seconds after, maybe 8 sec from the disconnection, I get a message that is is connected again and I can choose to abrupt the coming home flight. That he is coming home after disconnection, was for me the absolute argument to buy the DJI 2 pro, it is just to much money to get lost. I ll always try to avoid to get disconnected, but sometimes it happens. If I do, I do nothing, and wait till he is coming back and making connection again. Sorry for your lost.

UPDATE on 23 July

DJI have emailed me again and are still refusing to offer more than a 50% discount off a new Mavic 2. I still say that the drone was faulty (as witnessed by its failure to return-to-home following the disconnect -itself an indication of a fault).

So I have now started the next stage, and have asked the retailer (a good, reputable retailer) for a full refund. Unfortunately the retailer is the one who will lose in this matter, as my contract was with them (even though they did nothing wrong).

But given the extremely bad ‘support’ from DJI then that was the end of my association with DJI. I will look for another make of drone, but no more DJI products for me. Having experienced their ‘support’ it has turned me off their products for life. Once they have your money then they are no longer interested in you.

So I am disconnecting myself from DJI. Far too many problems and issues with DJI, from the software and constant updates to geo-fencing and now hardware problems. Life is too short to have hassles like the ones that I have had with DJI .

So I will wait for a refund from the dealer, or failing that, dispute the credit card charge. Not happy with DJI, as you can imagine.
Thumbs down :thumbsdown:Thumbs down :thumbsdown:Thumbs down :thumbsdown:Thumbs down :thumbsdown:Thumbs down :thumbsdown:

1 Like

50% seems like a fair deal considering neither of you can prove what happened.

Since the last update of Dji Go 4 (… 0510), signal losses, even at close range … are a clamor in the network …
Especially Mavic users (I pilot an M2P). Both on Facebook, YouTube, etc … has been commenting since the date of departure of the update, by those of us who have made “guinea pig” (try without knowing what there is) …
Do you have a solution? Yes
In Spain, Europe and some other countries (it is completely legal) …
It has been offered by HATTU:

Minute 9:15 (you can use the translator)
Everything is based on changing the transmission frequency to 5.8 Ghz …
And yes … in this also DJI has covered Gloria … Anyway.

Hey!

Any updates?

The exact same things happened to me yesterday. I had the drone for four weeks, and yesterday, whilst flying with good GPS signal; around 500m from HOME, I lost signal with the RC and mobile. Gone… The battery was fine, 74%. I haven’t reached out to DJI as I thought they wouldn’t do much. I blamed myself, but after reading your post, it assured me that I actually didn’t do anything wrong. The drone never returned back to Home.

1 Like

Hi, It is definitely worth contacting DJI and also to keep emailing them with the facts. I spent weeks and weeks emailing then and when the firmware was issued with a fix for battery problems (forget the date of the firmware) then DJI agreed to replace the drone. It was unfortunate that I lost a Summer of drone flying but I was determined not to buy another drone until DJI replaced it.
So my advice is to keep emailing DJI and also keep sending them the facts about the failure.

Jerry

1 Like