Can't pair with new controller

Hi, I have a Mavic Mini and lost the controller. I have purchased a replacement from Amazon but the pairing process kept failing. I returned the controller and was sent another, this one also times out saying it failed. I have tried both with the DJI Fly app and using the buttons on the controller to no avail. Both controller and Mini lights cycle as the procedure says they should. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, hard to believe 2 controllers would be bad.

Thanks for any help.
Bob

Can you share a link to the remote controller you purchased?

If you haven’t done so already, make sure you have the current version of DJI Fly installed. If using an Apple device, you can download the current version from the App Store on your mobile device. If using an Android device, you’ll need to download DJI Fly from here.

After DJI Fly is updated, then try following these linking instructions:

Thanks for the reply. This is the link I used at Amazon.
https://a.co/d/8qarjwS

I am using version 1.13.1 (852) of the DJI Fly app for IOS. I also used DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic to upgrade firmware on the Mini and check firmware on the controller.

The video you provided is what I used to try and pair the 2, I tried both ways as described in the video. Both the controller and the Mini would sequence the leds but then time out without connecting.

Bob

PS

A very short video… Pairing.MOV - Google Drive

Is there an SD card in the drone? If so, remove it and try linking it again.

There was when I first tried to pair but then I removed it. It still wouldn’t pair.

Assuming everything you mentioned above was done correctly, I’m thinking you might be facing some kind of drone hardware issue.

There are lots of threads across various sites with people mentioning this issue. All that I found that were not caused by faulty hardware were resolved by one of the things mentioned above.

Exactly what I was thinking, I’m looking for a place where I can get the Mini checked out. I thought I found one (listed on this forum) but the reviews were horrible.

Thanks for your help.
Bob

Does anyone know of a reliable place to get my drone checked out?

Thanks, Bob

You can find some commonly used repair shops here.

Thanks, I’ll take a look.