Return to Home not working - including log

Hi guys, I fixed the issue by downgrading firmware. The other day however the drone started flying up by himself and nearly crashed into a tree branch. I think DJI just wants us to but new drones and keep adding crap into the firmware updates.

Thank you for your reply , you may be right. I cannot believe that I cannot find ANY official answer on how to fix the Return To Home NO WORKING ANYWHERE … It’s super important to be working if not for the fact you lose connection . What will it do then, just hover in place , fall out of the sky. I’m very very nervous using it without this feature.

Just today I calibrated the IMU, Compass , used the software to calibrate the sensors , Gimbal . So 100% everything is newly calibrated , even putting on BRAND NEW DJI Propellers.

I find with the OA OFF the forward speed works normal , with it ON it crawls forward only.

I tried Return To Home AGAIN ( about 12th time) and even after all of the above , no change. P4 climbs to height and hovers in place , period.

So NOW that I have exhausted all options , I will NOW downgrade the firmware and see what happens tomorrow ! I will let you know how or if that works ! Thank you !!

I’m new to all this , just bought a phantom 4 and every thing is awesome except this very issue… HOWEVER RTH works at night NOT durring the day… My question is how and where do I downgrade firmware… Mine is at the .0810

You can find instructions here.

hi
me too have same problm if i turn off OA it will home return

downgrade also works for me , im lucky and retreive my drone after a rth malfunction at a moment il need it …